Greek Style Chicken Skewers
Makes 6 Skewers
- 1/2 Cup Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Dried Thyme
- 2 Lbs. Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Red Onion, quartered and separated into pieces
- 6 Wooden Skewers
- Preheat oven to 450 ºF.
- Whisk the olive oil, balsamic, oregano, thyme, and black pepper together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before use.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off excess liquid. Discard the remaining marinade. Alternately thread pieces of the marinated chicken with pieces of bell pepper, and onion, onto the skewers.
- Place the skewers on lightly greased cookie sheets, bake for 15 minutes, turn skewers over, bake for another 10 - 15 minutes, or until the juices from the chicken run clear.
- Enjoy immediately.